The JALT Publications Board is tasked with overseeing the operations of JALT's three publications: JALT Journal (JJ), The Language Teacher (TLT), and the Post-Conference Publication (PCP). This includes staff appointments, budgeting, policy making, and mediation when required. The Board meets twice a year—once at the annual conference, and once on a fall weekend—in addition to regular communication during the year. The Board is made up of the editors of each of the publications and is overseen by the Publications Board Chair. It may also invite other staff to join meetings as need arises. All Board members are appointed by the JALT Executive Board.
Current JALT Publications Board
- Chair– Jerry Talandis Jr.
- TLT Advisor – Philip Head
- TLT Co-Editors – Gerry McLellan and Eric Martin
- TLT Assistant Editor: Caroline Handley
- TLT Japanese Language Editor – Toshiko Sugino
- TLT Japanese Language Associate Editor – Kazuko Sako
- JJ Editor – Eric Hauser
- JJ Associate Editor – Gregory Glasgow
- JJ Japanese Language Editor – Yo In’nami
- JJ Japanese Language Associate Editor – Natsuko Shintani
- PCP Editors-in-Chief – Peter Clements, Aleda Krause, Phil Bennett
- JALT National Director of Public Relations – Parisa Mehran (Advisor)
- JALT National President – Richmond Stroupe (non-voting member)
To contact any member of the Board, please use the Contact page.