Join JALT's Postconference Publication
Postconference Publication : Co-Editor
The JALT Publications Board invites applications for the position of Co-Editor for the JALT Postconference Publication(PCP). Responsibilities include maintaining a list of available copyeditors (including ongoing recruiting efforts); coordinating proofreading, copyediting, and layout of all papers; and assisting the Editor-in-Chief in making final decisions about submissions. The Co-Editor also coordinates with the two other editors of the PCP on any miscellaneous issues that arise. The workload varies throughout the annual publication cycle. It typically averages 6-7 hours per week during the peak period April through June, around 2 hours per week from July through August, and quite a bit less than that at all other times. PCP Editors are also invited to the Publications Board annual meeting in the fall and the JALT Conference in the fall, for which assistance is provided. If you are interested, please contact the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postconference Publication : Reviews Editor
The JALT Publications Board invites applications for the position of Reviews Editor for the JALT Postconference Publication (PCP). The main responsibility for this position is to communicate with the team of reviewers who provide feedback on submissions. The Reviews Editor is responsible for checking who is available to serve on the reviews team each year and for running the online system that assigns papers to reviewers. The Reviews Editor also coordinates with the other editors of the PCP on any matters that arise.
- Workload: 2-3 hours (total) during the fall to prepare the website and contact reviewers and up to 30 minutes per day during the review period (January to March) to oversee the reviews system.
- Submissions: If you are interested, please contact the PCP Reviews Editor at <email@example.com>.
- Deadline: Ongoing until filled.
JALT Publications Website Editor
The JALT Publications Board invites applications for the position of Website Editor. Responsibilities include:
Uploading recent issues of TLT and JJ to the main JALT site
- Uploading issues of TLT, JJ, and the Postconference Publication to this website
- Ongoing conversion of old material to this site's database
- Maintaining and updating the site's Drupal installation
- Maintaining and updating the site's Open Journal System installation
- Overseeing the site's email and mailing list functions, including spam protection
- Overseeing file uploads by publications staff
- Liaising with editorial staff of all publications and responding to issues
- Uploading and overseeing "Job Position" advertisements
- Liaising with the JALT web editor and JALT Central Office
- Overseeing the JALT Publications' Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Attending the annual meeting of the JALT Publications Board
Full training and support will be given, though a background in running a website (PHP, MySQL, Drupal) would be necessary. If you are interested, please contact the Publications Board Chair at <http://jalt-publications.org/contact>. For further information, please contact the current Web Admin at the same URL.