We are currently seeking a full-time English teacher to work with students at Toyama College of Business and Information Technology (BIT). Our campus is located near Kosugi Station in Imizu City, Toyama Prefecture. The successful candidate will deliver high energy, active lessons.
Initial Contract Term: April, 2024 – March, 2025 with intent to extend.
We are currently seeking a full-time English teacher to work with students at Toyama College of Business and Information Technology (BIT). Our campus is located near Kosugi Station in Imizu City, Toyama Prefecture. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with staff to design and deliver high energy, active lessons and motivate students to view English as a valuable communication tool.
• Develop lesson plans and teaching materials which engage students and reinspire confidence
• Lessons should focus on: mastering foundations of English, listening and speaking as a precursor to conversation
• Adapt teaching methods and materials to meet individual student needs
• Create a positive and engaging learning environment that encourages student participation and motivation
• Communicate effectively with staff and students
• Engage in tasks such as open campus events, high school visits, exam writing as determined by the school
• Engage in various activities within and outside the college, including committee work.
1. Bachelor's or Associate degree in any field
2. Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience
3. Near native-level English proficiency preferred (formative education must have been completed in English)
4. Existing resident in Japan in possession of a valid visa
5. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
6. Ability to develop effective and motivating lessons and leverage a variety of teaching materials (including the integration of ICTs)
7. Energetic, positive, and encouraging approach to teaching and learning
8. Knowledge of Japanese language and work culture is a plus
• Full Time position
• Salary and commuting allowance are based on Toyama College of Business and Information Technology (BIT) rules and regulations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunday, December 31, 2023
For further details please submit append your up-to-date resume and apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to:
• Indicate your visa type and expiry date
• Indicate your nationality and residency status
• Give your email the title “English Instructor 2024”.
We regret that we are unable to respond to inquiries by telephone.