The Gakushuin University Faculty of International Social Sciences (ISS) is currently seeking part-time English instructors for the 2023 and 2024 academic years. This is an ongoing search. Positions may start April 2023, September 2023, or April 2024.
The Gakushuin University Faculty of International Social Sciences (ISS) is currently seeking part-time English instructors for the 2023 and 2024 academic years. This is an ongoing search. Successful interviewees will then be contacted for positions matching their skills and availability on a continuous basis. Positions may start April 2023, September 2023, or April 2024.
The ISS opened in 2016 and enrolls approximately 200-220 students each year in a supportive environment to study subjects under the umbrella of Social Sciences, primarily Economics, Law, Business Management, Sociology, and Area Studies. Students develop the skills to investigate, analyze, and interpret materials, and communicate their findings to others. Because English is the lingua franca of these disciplines, throughout the four years of the program, students will study English intensively to develop the language resources they will need as social science students, and later as professionals in society and the workplace as global citizens.
* Interest in Content and Language and Integrated Learning (CLIL)
* Master's degree in an EFL-related field or applied linguistics, or any of the following fields: Economics, Business Management, Sociology, Law, Area Studies
* Experience or interest in teaching English classes with a focus on social science content
* Experience teaching English for academic purposes
* Minimum of 2 years of university teaching experience in Japan
* MInimum of 1 year teaching at university level using a learning management system such as Moodle, Canvas, Google Classroom, or similar
The ISS values the diverse linguistic backgrounds of our staff. Non-native English Speaking Teachers are encouraged to apply.
General terms and conditions:
* Retirement age of 70
* Payment according to the Gakushuin University pay scale
* Use of the teachers' common room (in the ISS faculty building, South 2)
* Three paid faculty development meetings per year
Please send a single PDF file including: CV, cover letter, and contact information for two professional references to Ted O’Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ted O'Neill email@example.com