A private all girls junior and senior high school in Itabashi Ku, Tokyo is seeking a Native-English level proficient instructor to teach Oral Communication classes and work closely with a team of other instructors on curriculum development.
A private all girls junior and senior high school in Itabashi Ku, Tokyo is seeking a Native English-level proficiency speaker to teach Oral Communication classes and work closely with a team of other instructors on curriculum development. Based on school requested calendar.
• Full Time Native English-level proficiency instructor
• September 2022 to end of March 2023, can be renewed in April 2023 to March 2024 school year as a yearly contract
Salary and Benefits
• 270,000~/monthly , transportation allowance, visa sponsorship available, medical insurance, paid holidays system, Housing assistance also available if needed (non-monetary);training in August
• Monday to Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, national holidays off, may be asked to instruct some summer and winter intensive courses.
• Teach up to 20 English classes per week (Jr high, Sr. high, or both).
• Work closely with a team of motivated instructors on curriculum development, teaching materials, lessons plans, and test writing.
• Instruction and coaching for speech contests and tests such as EIKEN, TOEFL and IELTS.
• Attend all weekly and short daily meetings
• Assist with homeroom duties
• Assist with school events (occasional weekends)
Qualifications and Experience:
• Native English-level proficiency
• Hold a University Bachelor’s Degree; a masters degree in English education is desirable but not a requirement
• At least one year of experience teaching at a junior or senior high school in Japan
• Have basic conversational Japanese
The ideal applicant should be very friendly, loves to help students, a great communicator and most of all have a real passion to teach. This is a great position for instructors who really desire to teach, develop themselves professionally, and work closely with a team of other motivated instructors.
1. Please do not call the office asking for us to look at your resume.
2. Candidates will be contacted by email or phone upon passing the preliminary screening.
3. Phone Interview: short interview to discuss more details and possible in person interview availability.
4. In person interview and 15 minute demonstration lesson.
The above information is a public job ad; This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract for a position with FEN Foreign Academy