Main Role would be to implement the pedagogies of the IB Primary Years Programme in the Immersion classroom to ensure each student’s healthy learning and growth.
Requirements & Preferences:
Experience: Inquiry-based teaching experience in an Immersion setting
Knowledge: Deep understanding of constructivist approaches, inquiry-based learning, English Immersion and second language acquisition theories
English language proficiency: Native level
NOTE: This is not a recruitment ad for ESL or Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) positions.
• Working hours: 7:45am - 4:00pm (7:45am - 4:50pm on Wednesdays and 7:45am - 3:10pm on Fridays)
• Working days: Monday through Friday with occasional Saturdays
• Holidays: a) Saturdays and Sundays; b) Japanese national holidays stipulated by law; c) All days from December 29th to January 3rd; d) Paid holidays (5 of them must be used during the scheduled holiday period during Obon when the school is closed)
• Contract starts: August 29th, 2022
• Contract term: August 29th, 2022 - March 31st, 2023 (renewable yearly thereafter)
• Remuneration: Up to 5,000,000 yen per year for the first year depending on experience and skill
• Transportation costs covered up to 30,000 yen per month
• Pay cycle: 11th of the previous month to 10th of the current month, paid on the 25th of the current month (i.e. Salary earned from August 1st to August 10th will be paid on August 25th)
• Insurance: Social (Health, Pension, Unemployment)
Required Document 1: Resume / Curriculum Vitae in English
Required Document 2: Two or more professional references
Preferred Document 1: Certificates of IB Workshops
NOTE: Documents will not be returned. All documents will be considered private and will not be used for any purposes other than possible future recruitment or legitimate post-recruiting administrative reporting. Due to the number of applications we receive, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
George Kumazawa, Principal, AIC World College of Kyoto, Apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org