Part-time English teaching positions available at the University of Electro-Communications on Tuesdays and/or Fridays from April 1, 2022. Teach undergraduate courses in Academic Spoken and/or Written English. Positions offered for one academic year. Renewable positions on mutual agreement.
The English department of the University of Electro-Communications, a national science university in Chofu, Tokyo, invites applications for part-time teaching positions from April 1, 2022. The positions offered for one academic year only. Renewable positions on mutual agreement.
FULL POSITION DETAIL:
Teach undergraduate English courses in Academic Spoken English, Academic English for the Second Year (on Tuesdays) and/or Academic Written English (on Fridays). In addition, part-time teachers are expected to work cooperatively in a coordinated English program and participate in faculty development activities of the English department.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Send application materials by email to Suwako Uehara at email@example.com. In the subject heading, please type “Application” followed by the applicant’s name.
(1) Completion of a Master’s degree in TESOL (preferred), or other relevant areas.
(2) Teaching experience at university or college for at least one year.
(3) Publication of at least two refereed academic papers.
(4) Advanced proficiency in English and ability to teach through English.
(5) Working proficiency in Japanese required to deal with administrative requirements of the university.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
In accordance with the part-time teaching rate of the university.
(1) Resume in English, detailing: Personal background information, qualifications, relevant work experience (include University name, department and course titles), presentations, publications (indicate whether they are refereed or not) or other academic research activities.
(2) Electronic copies of two refereed publications.
(3) Names and contact details of three referees.
Early submission is recommended as hiring is conducted on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Deadline: Sunday, February 13, 2022
Send application materials by email to Suwako Uehara at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject heading type “Application” followed by the applicant’s name.