We are seeking a native-level English speaking physical education (PE) teacher for our Junior High immersion program.
Our school is a new article 1 international junior high and high school opening in Moriguchi city just outside of Osaka. We aim to provide an immersion program in our school that allows students to get exposure to English while reflecting on what they have learned in Japanese lessons to improve their understanding of the English language in context. PE offers one opportunity for students to use their knowledge of sports to use English for communication in a as close to authentic setting as possible. In this endeavor we also aim to fulfill our commitment to help student “Expand your Potential”.
Osaka International School is seeking an experienced, native-level or high-level speaking English teacher with experience in PE or coaching sports to join our junior high school immersion department from April 2022. The position is part-time and consists of teaching 3 lessons 1 day a week (1 lesson=50 minutes). The level of the class ranges from beginners to those with some experience with English. This is a team-teaching position, which requires collaboration with the Japanese junior high PE teacher. However, the successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating on lesson plans. As a PE class, the teacher is also required to be active and interact with the students in English while helping them develop specific skills with respect to learning.
- Have native-level or high-level English communication ability
- Possess a bachelor’s degree
- Have experience teaching in the junior high EFL/ESL context
- Have experience teaching PE or coaching
- Have an ability to collaborate with various people
- Be flexible
- Be a good role model of a knowledgeable, principled, healthy individual
- Have conversational Japanese ability
- ¥13,000 per class per month
o This becomes ¥39,000 per month for 3 classes a week
- In the case of a 1-year contract, a bonus will be paid twice a year (July and December)
- Transportation expenses will be covered separately
How to Apply
Email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 29th, 2022;
A cover letter, resume, a copy of your degree and other relevant certificates.
Only applicants who have been selected for interviews will be contacted.