Private Junior/Senior high school looking for qualified teachers of Physics and Chemistry to teach in English to student taking the IB Diploma.
Linden Hall High School is an Article 1, private, combined junior-and-senior high school which has an English immersion program. We are looking for qualified full-time teachers of Physics and Chemistry to join our multinational staff and teach in English to students who are taking the IB Diploma in their final two years of school. The position will also include some teaching of general Science to lower grades.
We would prefer teachers to have experience of teaching IB Diploma Chemistry or Physics but will consider other equivalent experience as relevant IB training will be provided for the selected candidates. Candidates must be able to start in March 2022. Japanese ability is a plus but not essential. Visa sponsorship is available however, due to continuing border restrictions related to the ongoing global pandemic, priority will be given to candidates who are applying from within Japan.
You can view our school here:
* Native-level English Proficiency
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in related subject
* Possessions of an accredited secondary education teaching license
* Experience teaching the specialized subject (and/or experience teaching classes related to the specialized subject) at an accredited school or international educational institution.
* Experience and/or understanding and a strong interest in the IB
* Experience of teaching English and/or in English to second language learners
7:50 am - 5:30 pm Mon - Friday, of which approximately 22 hours are teaching hours.
Saturdays (with the occasional exception for school events such as Open Days or Sports Day)
Year End and New Year holidays
and any other days that the school designates to be a day off
In addition, after the first 6 months, teachers are eligible for 10 days annual paid leave.
Salary and Benefits
Approximately ￥350,000 - ￥370,000 per month (￥4.2M - ￥4.5M annually) depending on qualifications and experience. Social health insurance and pension included. An additional annual bonus may be paid.
Contract is initially for one year, however we are looking for candidates who wish to stay with the school long-term.
1. Please send a resume and cover letter to the email address provided below.
2. Responses will be sent to qualified candidates.
3. There will be a preliminary interview (in person or remote) with the IBDP Coordinator and current subject teachers.
4. Shortlisted candidates will have a follow-up interview (in person or remote), including a short demonstration lesson, with relevant stakeholders including the school Principal.
5. Offers will be made to successful candidates.
Karen Hunter: email@example.com