We are seeking a native-level English teacher for Middle & High school classes ranging in level from beginner to native speakers. 15-18 hours per week (Mon to Fri), classes begin at 8:40 and end at 3:30. Starting April 2022
Senri and Osaka International Schools of Kwansei Gakuin are two sister schools situated in north Osaka that share a campus, purpose, and mission. Senri International School has over 530 students following the Japanese National Curricula for middle and high schools while Osaka International School is a K-12 school of approximately 270 students offering the International Baccalaureate programs. We were founded for the benefit of returnee, national, and international residents of the Kansai region, bringing together the best of Japanese and international educational ideas, systems, and techniques in a “Two Schools Together” concept.
Senri International School of Kwansei Gakuin is seeking a part-time middle/high school native-level teacher of English and ESL to join an international team of teachers from April 2022. The position consists of 15-18 teaching hours per week, Mon to Fri between 8:40 and 3:30 with class levels ranging from true beginners to bilingual returnees. Established courses will be taught but there are also opportunities to develop challenging and engaging lessons to suit individual teaching interests. This is not a team-teaching position; the successful applicant will be responsible for teaching, assessing and report writing for their courses. We offer a competitive salary of ¥3970 per lesson, including school holidays, and a commuting allowance.
- Experience or genuine interest in curriculum and assessment development.
- A high level of pedagogical knowledge and execution.
- Experience or genuine interest in teaching English for returnees and students with diverse levels from beginner through to advanced at both middle and high schools.
- A commitment to creating a student-centered environment.
- The ability to use technology to enrich the learning experience of students.
- The ability to innovatively engage students in languages and culture.
- Native level written and oral communication skills in English.
- The proven ability to work with others, build trust and develop a strong sense of team with a shared vision.
- A high level of time management skills.
- A flexible schedule and available to teach 15-18 hours per week Monday to Friday.
HOW TO APPLY
【Documents to be submitted via e-mail. Deadline December 4th 2021】
A covering letter addressed to the Head of School.
A statement addressing Selection Criteria.
A current resume stating relevant experience.
A copy of teaching certificates or other relevant qualifications such as degrees in ESL or Education (or certificate of expected acquisition).
Contact details of three confidential referees (Should be involved in education).
※ Applications that do not include all documentation will not be accepted.
※ Confidential enquiries may be made through firstname.lastname@example.org
First phase: Application documents
Second phase: Interview - The school will only contact applicants who have made it to the second phase.
Please email applications and any queries to email@example.com