ISA is now hiring full-time teachers for our Global Competence Program (GCP). Positions are available in several regions throughout Japan starting April 1, 2022.
ISA is now hiring teachers for our Global Competence Program (GCP). We are looking for professional teachers who are interested in applying their experiences and knowledge of best practices to teach student-centered lessons that incorporate collaboration, creativity, and digital learning.
Our Global Competence Program
ISA partners with junior high school and high schools throughout Japan to offer a year-long program during the regular school calendar. Our GCP teachers go to the school and deliver the program on a weekly basis to class sizes up to 40 students with the support of the school’s teachers. Our program consists of 6 levels; hence, we can work with juniors and high schools for several years as their students advance from one level to the next.
The GCP curriculum has been created by our in-house instructional designers, who also provide ongoing coaching and assistance to our GCP teachers throughout the program. The contents of the program aim to help students gain values, skills, attitudes, and knowledge necessary for their own journey toward global competence. Our lessons include topics such as intercultural awareness, growth mindset, diversity, divergent thinking, and perspective. Although the Global Competence Program is taught in English, it is not an English communication class focusing on English language development. The focus of using English is to teach students how to connect and communicate with others in our global society and create a global identity.
ISA is not a dispatch company. You will work directly for ISA and represent our company at the schools we partner with. We are committed to working long-term with our staff, and opportunities for upward movement are possible for the right persons.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Teach GCP classes that adhere to GCP educational standards.
● 40 hrs a week – teaching, admin, and professional development (all teaching hours conducted during regular school hours).
● Provide instruction at one school or various schools and complete all duties associated with the role of an instructor (homework, project and portfolio guidance).
● Grade and give feedback on student work in a timely manner.
● Facilitate online discussions and any other interactive components on digital learning platforms.
● Identify gaps between student needs and existing resources; work with teams to generate creative and effective resolutions.
● Modify pre-existing curriculum to best fit the needs of students.
● Meet and communicate regularly with Climb Coaches and other program personnel.
● Participate in relevant steps of the School Onboarding Process, PD courses, and ongoing professional development
● Demonstrate solid interpersonal and communication skills that enable successful internal and external cooperation in a variety of modes, including face-to-face meetings, phone calls, phone conferences, virtual meetings, and written communication.
● Be adaptable and highly professional in your dealings with students, school staff, and affiliates.
● Fulfill all administrative duties thoroughly and in compliance with company policy.
● Teach GCP lessons online when emergency situations or school protocol dictate such.
● BA/BS degree with 3+ years of teaching experience.
● 1 year of teaching experience with Japanese junior high or high school students.
● An excellent communicator with excellent interpersonal and client-facing skills.
● Experience with using various digital applications in the classroom.
● Demonstrate an understanding of the Japanese learner and how to help them maximize their learning experiences through skilled scaffolding and sound lesson plan development.
● Experience adjusting curriculum to meet the needs of diverse learners.
● Strong interest in and knowledge of blended learning and understand the unique possibilities involved in bringing digital learning opportunities to fruition.
● Ability to manage stress, strong teamwork, passionate, genuine, organized, internally motivated, service orientation, ability to reserve judgment and respond with curiosity and compassion.
● Self-directed, proactive, problem-solving skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to connect with students with patience and compassion.
April 1, 2022
Salary and Benefits
● ¥310,000 - ¥340,000 per month
● Enrollment in Japan national health care and pension plan (社会保険）
● Relocation packages are available for some regions
● Visa sponsorship available
Please fill out our online application at the following link.