English-speaking homeroom teachers will primarily be in charge of leading morning meetings; lesson planning and teaching all subjects except for social studies and Japanese language arts; other general duties expected of homeroom teachers.
Number of vacancies to be filled:
Only a few positions available
Expected start date:
April 1st, 2022 or possibly earlier.
1. Understanding and support for the school’s Christian history and our mission of
“Love thy Neighbor.” (no religious requirement)
2. Educators with a bachelor’s degree or higher, and who fall under one of the following categories:
(1) Possessing an accredited Elementary School License (preferred)
(2) Educators who possess recognized subject specializations and who meet the required criteria for a “Special Teaching License” in Japan:
-Experience teaching in a class related to subject-specialization at an accredited school or international educational institution (approx. 600 hours or more)
-Experience teaching their subject specialization (approx. 3 years)
SUBJECT NOTE: English, mathematics, science, music, art, home economics,
3. Educators with a bachelor’s degree or higher, and who possess the following may also be considered:
-2-5 years classroom teaching experience (approx. 600 hours)
-A middle or high school teaching license from an accredited institution of higher education.
1. Teachers with an Elementary School license and teaching experience at the elementary school level.
2. Teachers with experience, understanding and/or a strong interest in an inquiry-based learning program.
3. Teachers who possess experience and/or qualification in TEFL/TESL/TESOL.
(Desired, but non-mandatory qualifications)
1. While not mandatory, it is highly desired that you have elementary teaching experience (or middle/high school experience as appropriate) of at least 2 years. This experience is not necessary for new graduates of accredited teacher training program.
2. Willingness and ability to implement an inquiry-based/English-Immersion curriculum.
3. Willingness and ability to International Baccalaureate
4. Willingness and ability to work in Japan for at least 3 years
5. A demonstrated/articulated understanding of Japanese culture and language
-Salary will be in accordance with experience and following the standard school salary regulations as outlined by the National Public Service Salary Table (approx. 200,000 to 430,000 yen per month before taxes)
-Twice-per-year bonus (currently approx. 4.4 times monthly salary)
-A negotiated contracted work period.
-Benefits include health insurance, travel support (limited), retirement contributions (national & private), housing, transportation
-The work start date is April 2022 or possibly earlier.
1. Submission of application and materials.
2. After initial review, qualified candidates will be asked to do an interview (online if necessary) and to deliver a simulated lesson. There may be an additional short writing test.
3. Required Documents:
a. Resume/Curriculum Vitae (if possible, in English and Japanese)
b. A separate job history sheet
c. Statement of interest, motivation and educational philosophy
d. A copy of graduation certificate and transcripts showing degrees awarded
e. Copy of teaching license (teaching credential)
f. Official Transcripts (required from finalists)
g. Three Professional references
h. Proof of meeting qualifications outlined above if not in possession of teaching license
4. Submit above documents to address or email below (email preferred).
NOTE: Documents will not be returned. All documents will be considered private and will not be used for any purposes other than possible future recruitment or legitimate post-recruiting administrative reporting.
None (rolling basis)
Seirei Christopher Elementary School
3453 Mikatahara, Kita-ku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, 433-8015 Japan
E-mail : elementary -email@example.com