We are looking for an experienced Junior High-School/High School English teacher to join our English Oral Communication team.
TNUSS English Communication teachers are responsible for teaching English communication and Academic English classes to junior and senior high school students, as well as for supporting the use of English throughout the school. This position is for a period of one year initially, renewable based on performance.
Teaching duties: around 16 50-minute classes per week within a 40-hour work week. Responsibilities include developing teaching materials, unit and lesson planning, coaching for in-school and interscholastic meets, and preparing students for various testing such as EIKEN, TOEFL and IELTS.
Administrative: TNUSS OC teachers are also required to attend meetings, assist in school events and activities, assist in administration of in-house tests, and assist in various school promotion activities.
Faculty work from Monday to Friday at 8:30AM-4:30PM, and Saturdays from 8:30AM-2PM
1) Native-level English Proficiency
2) Experience teaching non-native speakers of English
3) Experience working in a collaborative, multi-cultural environment
4) Must currently reside in Japan
1) Salary 3.6 million yen annually
2) transportation allowance, medical insurance, visa sponsorship
3) 10 days paid personal holidays, Japanese holidays, winter holidays, and Shortened working hours for spring, summer.
Please submit the following documents in .pdf format via email:
1) CV/Resume including a recent photo and a detailed employment history
2) Cover letter highlighting your teaching philosophy and suitability for the post.
Note: Additional documents may be requested as part of the selection process.
Address all correspondence to
Engel L.P. Villareal
Oral Communication Dept. Head, TNUSS
For more information, visit: