Itabashi Tokyo All-girls high school and junior high school position for April 2021
A private junior and senior high school in Itabashi Ku, Tokyo is seeking a Native English proficiency instructor to teach Oral Communication classes and work closely with a team of other instructors on curriculum development.
• Full Time Native English proficiency Instructor
• One year, renewable based on performance
Salary and Benefits
• 270,000~/monthly , transportation allowance, fully paid summer holidays, visa sponsorship available, medical insurance, paid holidays system, Housing assistance also available if needed; Bonus paid upon contract completion
• Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday 8:30AM - 5:00PM, national holidays off, may be asked to instruct some summer and winter intensive courses.
• Teach up to 20 English classes per week (Jr high, Sr. high, or both).
• Work closely with a team of motivated instructors on curriculum development, teaching materials, lessons plans, and test writing.
• Instruction and coaching for speech contests and tests such as EIKEN, TOEFL and IELTS.
• Attend all weekly and short daily meetings
• Assist with homeroom duties
• Assist with school events (occasional weekends)
Qualifications and Experience:
• Native English proficiency Speaker
• Hold a University Bachelor’s Degree
• At least two years of experience teaching at a junior or senior high school in Japan
• Have basic conversational Japanese
The ideal applicant should be very friendly, loves to help students, a great communicator and most of all have a real passion to teach. This is a great position for instructors who really desire to teach, develop themselves professionally, and work closely with a team of other motivated instructors.
1. Please do not call the office asking for us to look at your resume. Please send an email.
2. Candidates will be contacted by email or phone upon passing the preliminary screening.
3. Phone Interview: short interview to discuss more details and possible in person interview availability.
4. In person interview and 15 minute demonstration lesson.