Teaching English for Academic Purposes to NCUK International Foundation Year and Pre-Master's Programme students in addition to other short-term exam preparation courses. Six-month contract starting February. 310000 Yen + Travel reimbursements. Up to 25 hours of direct teaching hours per week.
1. An academic qualification at U.K. graduate level (Essential), ideally in a related field (TESOL, Applied Linguistics, Education, English etc). Candidates with Master’s degree preferred
2. Qualifications equivalent to CELTA (Essential), DELTA (Desired).
3. Minimum of two years teaching experience. This experience should relate to the delivery of a Western-style syllabus involving active learning. Significant teaching/programme management experience at a reputable university may also be acceptable.
4. An understanding of U.K./western higher education and the needs and requirements of international students (Essential).
5. Experience of the development of curricula and academic programmes (Desirable).
6. Experience of delivering academic assessment and of quality assurance procedures (Desirable).
7. Experience of teaching non-native speakers of English (Desirable).
8. Experience of living and working in Japan (Desirable).