Undergraduate-level English language classes, undergraduate- and graduate-level English language education classes, including teaching credential courses, and thesis supervision.
Job title: Professor or Associate Professor
Number of hires: 1
Major: English Education
1) Ph.D. or Ed.D. in English Education or related field
2) More than one years of experience as a student at a graduate or undergraduate courses at a university in an English speaking country.
3) Japanese native speakers or those who have a high degree of Japanese language proficiency in order to carry out all university duties in Japanese as required.
4) Those who are able to teach the subjects below in English.
5) Those who have an understanding of the founding spirit of the university.
Subjects: Undergraduate-level English language classes, undergraduate- and graduate-level English language education classes, including teaching credential courses, and thesis supervision.
Starting date: April 1, 2022
Affiliation: English Department, College of Literature.
Work Location: Aoyama Campus, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan
Term of employment: Full-time
Application procedure, selection method, etc.
a) Documents to be submitted:
1) Curriculum vitae including employment history and educational qualification
2) Full details of research activities, such as publications, presentation, grants awarded etc.;
3) Three representative publications. Please attach a summary of about 400 characters in Japanese for publications in English, and 200 words in English for publications in Japanese.
4) Photocopies of your educational certificates (diplomas)
b) Please submit all documents to: Chair of the English Department, Professor Yuko Matsui,
c/o English Department Office, Aoyama Gakuin University, 4-4-25 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8366 Japan.
Please write “Application for English Education position” in red on the envelope and mail by registered mail. The application documents will not be returned.
Application deadline: February 1st, 2021. Please ensure your application is mailed sufficiently early to be received by the deadline.
Selection method: After all documents are submitted and received, a list of candidates for interview will be decided. At that time shortlisted candidate will be notified and asked to submit two letters of recommendation and copies of their degrees.
Notification of selection results: After the selection procedure is completed all candidates will be notified. Please note that the confidentiality of all applications will be strictly maintained.
Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org (English Education Recruiting Personnel)
Chair of the English Department, Professor Yuko Matsui, English Department Office, Aoyama Gakuin University, 4-4-25 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8366 Japan