Assumption Kokusai Junior & Senior High School, a catholic private school located in northern Osaka is seeking candidates for full-time Mathematics and Science teaching positions (AY 2021 – 2022) within its established English Immersion program.
Assumption Kokusai Junior & Senior High School, a catholic private school located in northern Osaka is seeking candidates for full-time Mathematics and Science teaching positions (AY 2021 – 2022) within its established English Immersion program. The program aims to instruct students through the application of content and language integrated learning (CLIL).
Applications for the advertised position can be submitted via the following Google Forms link: https://forms.gle/42xGu2zSZ1GvxZGr7
Alternatively, applications may also be submitted via email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email applications must include an up-to-date CV and a cover letter.
Deadline: Saturday, October 31, 2020
Regular working hours are from 8:20AM to 6:20PM on weekdays with occasional work days on Saturdays.
In addition to the monthly base salary, the following benefits are also available.
• social insurance
• public transportation allowance
• living allowance (conditions applied)
• 10 days of paid holidays (increases with seniority) aside from the school and public holidays
• paid overtime and recovering days off
Responsibility / Duties:
The successful candidates will be required to teach mathematics and science courses within the Japanese junior high school and senior high school academic curriculum through English. He/She may also be required to perform co-homeroom teacher duties, attend department meetings, participate in extracurricular activities (e.g. clubs), and provide support during school events.
The chosen candidates will also be expected to understand and support our school's five core values: Life, Truth, Freedom, Goodness and Oneness.
Requirements / Skills:
The successful candidates should possess a bachelor's degree or higher in a related field of study. He/She should enjoy working with young children, be dedicated to education and have an open mind towards sharing and learning.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
• experience teaching in an English immersion or dual language classroom setting
• strong academic and/or teaching backgrounds in mathematics and/or natural sciences
• qualifications in TEFL/TESOL/TESL
• a willingness and ability to work in Japan long-term
• an understanding of Japanese culture and language