Assumption Kokusai Primary School, a catholic private school located in northern Osaka is seeking a full-time primary school homeroom teacher (AY 2021 – 2022) for its established English Immersion program.
Assumption Kokusai Primary School, a catholic private school located in northern Osaka is seeking a full-time primary school homeroom teacher (AY 2021 – 2022) for its established English Immersion program. The program aims to instruct students through the application of content and language integrated learning (CLIL).
Regular working hours are from 8:20AM to 6:20PM on weekdays with occasional work days on Saturdays.
In addition to the monthly base salary, the following benefits are also available.
• social insurance
• public transportation allowance
• living allowance (conditions applied)
• 10 days of paid holidays (increases with seniority) aside from the school and public holidays
• paid overtime and recovering days off
Responsibility / Duties:
The successful candidate will be required to teach core subjects within the Japanese academic curriculum such as English language, math, and science through English. He/She may also be required to perform co-homeroom teacher duties, attend department meetings, participate in extracurricular activities (e.g. clubs), and provide support during school events.
The chosen candidate will also be expected to understand and support our school's five core values: Life, Truth, Freedom, Goodness and Oneness.
Requirements / Skills:
The successful candidate should possess a bachelor's degree or higher (preferably in education). He/She should enjoy working with young children, be dedicated to education and have an open mind towards sharing and learning.
Though not required, preference will be given to candidates with:
• experience teaching in and English immersion or dual language classroom setting
• strong academic and/or teaching backgrounds in natural sciences
• qualifications in TEFL/TESOL/TESL
• a willingness and ability to work in Japan long-term
• an understanding of Japanese culture and language