Keio Shonan Fujisawa Junior & Senior High School is seeking applicants for a full-time (tenured) teaching position to commence in April 2021.
Keio Shonan Fujisawa Junior & Senior High School is seeking applicants for a full-time (tenured) teaching position to commence in April 2021. Our students go on to Keio University, one of the most competitive private universities in Japan. A large proportion of our students have lived abroad for extended periods, and many of them already speak English or other languages fluently. The school provides training in computing, language, and intercultural communication in an effort to equip our students for active roles in the global community.
Position: Full-time native-level English teacher (tenured)
Salary: Based on Keio Gijuku criteria
Benefits: Commuting allowance, annual book allowance
- Teach up to 19 hours per week (16 core English classes and 2 electives, 1 homeroom)
- Full-time staff work 5 days a week (Sunday and one other day off) and are occasionally asked to come to school on holidays for school events and other duties.
- Share homeroom responsibilities with a Japanese partner
- Assess students in accordance with school guidelines
- Participate in school events & supervise students during trips, sports days, club activities, etc.
- Play an active role in departmental duties such as curriculum development, test writing, coordination of exchange programs, coaching students for speech contests, etc.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Native-level speaker of English
- MA in TESOL or a related field
- Junior/senior high school experience (particularly in Japan)
- Conversational Japanese an advantage
- Experience with returnee students an advantage (Returnees are students who have lived in English-speaking countries)
- Curriculum vitae and cover letter
- Copies of transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
- Details of publications and presentations, if any
- At least one letter of recommendation from a recent employer and/or a professor
- Please note that application materials will not be returned
Application materials to arrive by email or post:
English Department Hiring Committee
Keio Shonan Fujisawa Junior & Senior High School
5466 Endo, Fujisawa-shi, Kanagawa-ken 252-0816 Japan
TEL (0466) 49-3587 FAX (0466) 47-5077 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org