English language testing specialist company is looking for detail-oriented, English language experts to join their team of dedicated editors/ test content developers. Central Tokyo location, fixed-term contract with opportunities for permanent employment.
Our client, an English language testing specialist company, is looking for detail-oriented, English language experts to join their team of dedicated editors/ test content developers. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has an education and teaching background, creative writing or linguistics, etc., to move out of the classroom into a dedicated testing and content development role.
The atmosphere in the office is friendly, creative, and collaborative, but it can also be quite intense due to the high-stakes nature of the tests produced. Successful candidates will be flexible and well-organized, thrive under pressure, meet deadlines, and care deeply about spelling, grammar, punctuation, and style. You will work as part of a team of committed, professional editors of various nationalities, gain expertise in language-test development, and further develop your writing and editing skills, all while directly contributing to English-language education in Japan.
Central Tokyo location, fixed-term contract with opportunities for renewal and permanent employment.
Key Position duties:
● Write, edit, and proofread content for reading, listening, speaking, and writing tests according to detailed test specifications.
● Train, manage and evaluate examiners and raters.
● Other duties
● Bachelor's degree, native level English speaker (with strong knowledge of grammar & linguistics), business level Japanese.
● Exceptional attention to detail, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
● Experience writing or editing materials for publication; test-development experience strongly preferred.
● Experience teaching English at a Japanese junior and/or senior high school.
● Ability to work effectively in a diverse multilingual team environment.
● Strong desire to contribute to English language education in Japan; interest or background in language testing or applied linguistics a plus.
● Position is only open to candidates currently residing in Japan with permission to work.
● Standard Monthly Income: 300,000 JPY/ month
● Bonus: applies 2x / year
● Expected annual income: 3.6 million yen
● Additional benefits include: meal allowance, occasional business travel within Japan, housing allowances (depending on company policies) and property incentives and housing funding subsidies
To apply, contact Amanda Chau at Link Japan Careers: email@example.com
with your resume and cover letter (Japanese application documents will be required in the process).
Amanda Chau. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org