Teach English part-time starting at ¥3,000/hr-¥6,000/hr at Yoyogi-Uehara, Tokyo.
◆ WHO WE ARE ◆
ACE PRO Native Pronunciation Institute is an independent language school specializing in English pronunciation and grammar. Rather than merely having conversations with students as in 'eikawa' schools, we teach lessons structurally, using methods based on linguistic researches. Our students consist mostly of working professionals in the fields of medicine, law, consulting and international business, many of whom are graduates from top-tier universities such as University of Tokyo and Keio University.
◆ JOB DESCRIPTION ◆
● Teaching pronunciation including reduced speech in spoken English, using International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA).
● Teaching advanced grammar.
● Creating teaching material for in-house use and eventual publication/distribution.
● Writing up phonetic transcripts of spoken English using IPA.
● Working cooperatively with native Japanese teacher for team teaching.
● Miscellaneous desk work (editing textbooks, website maintenance, writing school blog, translating, etc.)
◆ MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS ◆
● Native-level English proficiency with the ability to teach in neutral British accent similar to BBC English.
● Bachelor’s degree or above in linguistics, phonetics or English education.
● Fluency in Japanese (JLPT N1 expected).
● Professional with strong ethics.
● Flexible with working hours and reliable.
● Ambitious and enthusiastic, looking to develop his/her skills and accelerate career.
● Truly enjoy teaching and willing to take on extra responsibilities.
● Proficiency in computer skills, such as in Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
◆ PREFERENCES ◆
● Those who can work on Saturdays or Sundays.
◆ WAGES AND BENEFITS ◆
● ¥3,000 (initial pay) ~¥4,000 per hour for teaching.
● ¥1,500 (initial pay) ~¥2,000 per hour for material development.
● ¥5,000 per hour plus transportation fee for corporate lessons.
● ¥6,000 per hour for teaching if you can speak Japanese fluently enough to explain English grammar.
● Wage will increase with your enhancement in skills and advancement in company.
● Travel expenses to and from work will be covered.
● We will sponsor your working visa.
● Training will be provided for teaching and material development according to our company's practices.
● The position will be part-time initially. Full-time position will also be considered based on your work performance and personal development during employment, as well as your educational background and/or professional experiences.
◆ More information about the institution at http://www.ace-schools.co.jp/.
Send all of the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) Your CV/resume along with your recent photograph.
(2) Cover letter explaining why you think you are right for this position.
(3) Details of your available work hours.