Teaching “Undergraduates Technical English I & II” (UTE) Courses （学域技術英語科目）which are EAP/ESP-oriented compulsory courses offered to 3rd-year students of science and engineering.
- (1) Completion of a MA in science and engineering fields and/or English education (in case of MA, a BA in science and engineering background is preferred);
- (2) Experience in teaching academic and/or scientific/technical English at tertiary level in Japan;
- (3) Adequate understanding of EAP and ESP approach to English education;
- (4) Ability to teach third-year students in English;
- (5) Willingness to work cooperatively in a coordinated English program and with other members of the program;
- (6) Willingness to attend program meetings and faculty development activities;
- (7) Working proficiency in Japanese desirable SALARY AND BENEFITS: In according to the payroll provision of UEC Tokyo.
- (1) Application form (Photo, Resume, List of research achievements).
- (2) A cover letter outlining your past teaching experiences, your reasons for the application and your goals in education for science English education at UEC Tokyo in English within 2 pages of A4 sheet.
- (3) Names, affiliations, contact information (including e-mail address) and relation of three references.
Professor SHI Jie
Technical English Management Committee
University of Electro-Communications
E1-607, 1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu City, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
All application documents are not subject to return and will not be used for purposes other than this selection. Short-listed candidates only will be contacted for an interview on a rolling basis.