Assumption Kokusai Primary School’s English Immersion program aims at instructing students following three dimensions: linguistic, content, cultural. It has attracted talented and motivated students, eager to take up the challenge of content and language integrated learning (CLIL).
Assumption Kokusai Primary School, a catholic private school located in the northern part of Osaka is seeking a full-time homeroom teacher for its English Immersion program which started three years ago. The program aims at instructing students following three dimensions: linguistic, content, cultural. It has attracted talented and motivated students, eager to take up the challenge of content and language integrated learning (CLIL).
Following the expansion of the program, the school is looking for a Native-level proficiency English language instructor familiar with language immersion and second language teaching and learning principles.
Position: Fulltime Primary school Teacher
Deadline for application: December 30th
Starting Date: April 1st 2020 (possibility that the position will open earlier)
• social insurance
• public transportation allowance
• living allowance (conditions applied)
• 10 days of paid holidays (increases with seniority) aside from the school and public holidays
• paid overtime and recovering days off
Working hours: from 8:20 to 18:20 and two half-days on Saturdays per month on average
• English language, math, science courses (1st to 4th grade depending on which grade the teacher will be in charge of - team-taught)
• Co-Homeroom teacher duties
• Department meetings
• Extracurricular activities (e.g. clubs)
• Support during school events and their preparation
• No experience required
• Master degree or higher in the humanities field or English language teaching license from the applicant’s country
• TESOL or similar qualifications
• Knowledge and application of ICT to teaching and learning
• Some Japanese language proficiency highly appreciated
• Résumé (current visa-status, if applicable, should be clearly indicated)
• Cover Letter
In your cover letter, please include a summary of your pedagogical philosophy and a short description of how you can contribute to development of international mindedness within our learners.
• Screening of application
• Interview (Skype interview if you are living outside the Kansai region)
• Contact successful candidate
Assumption Kokusai Junior and Senior High School
562-8543 Osaka-fu, Minoh-shi, Nyoidani 3-13-23