Successful candidates will be responsible for the hours of instruction agreed upon at the time of employment as well as the planning and execution of lessons, assessing and grading students, and meeting with students and other teachers when necessary.
Successful candidates will be responsible for the hours of instruction agreed upon at the time of employment as well as the planning and execution of lessons, assessing and grading students, and meeting with students and other teachers when necessary. Successful candidates shall also perform duties pursuant to the orders, advice and direction of Educational Corporation Doshisha.
(1) Candidates must have completed a four-year university degree program, or expect to graduate from such a program by March 2020.
(2) Candidates must satisfy either Condition A or Condition B:
A) Possess a MEXT approved teaching license for both junior and senior high school, or expect completion by March 2020.
B) Have received certification or are undergoing instruction, in one of the following:
① English Language Education (including Literature and Linguistics)
② Teaching of English as a Second or Other Language
(3) Candidates should have a high degree of English proficiency, CEFR B2+C1 and above. Candidates who are not from a nation where English is used as a primary or official language are required to possess an English language certificate reflective of their fluency (e.g. Eike Pre 1st or above, at least TOEIC 850 or TOEFL it 85, IELTS 7.0 or above, equivalent standardized English tests are welcome.).
(4) Candidates must be aware of the educational needs of Educational Corporation Doshisha and Doshisha International Junior and Senior High.
Paid 12 months of the year
- 12,100 to 13,000 yen per class hour (Salary dependent on experience and qualifications)
(E.g. 10 hours per week =121,000 to 130,000 yen gross per month)
Two bonuses equal to three months of monthly salary
- (1.5 months twice: During the first and second terms of the academic year)
Transportation allowance provided in accordance with Doshisha standard
〒610-0321 Kyoto-fu, Kyotanabe-shi, Tatara, Miyakodani 60-1
Doshisha International Junior/Senior High School