Full-time position available for duties related to international relations + ALT work
1) Assist Japanese teachers in teaching English at 1 Junior High School (once a week, across all grades), 2 Elementary Schools (multiple days a week, across all grades) and 1 Special Needs Senior High school (once a year, across all grades).
2) Teach English at 1 pre-school (twice a week, 2-5 yr olds).
3) Teach evening adult English conversation classes (twice a week).
4) Liaison and coordination duties for student homestay program with Burnside High School, Christchurch, New Zealand during summer.
5) Assist other BOE staff in various town events held throughout the year.
Mon-Fri 8:30-17:15, with occasional weekend work. Overtime pay can be claimed for evening English adult classes and weekend work.
Basic Salary: 324,800 yen
Health insurance and pension coverage
Semi-furnished apartment provided (Monthly rent: 55,000 yen. 20,000 yen covered by BOE)
10 days of paid holidays, plus 4 extra days in summer
Native English-level proficiency
Advanced Japanese-level proficiency preferred
International or Japanese driving license
ALT experience preferred
Submit CV to Tas Ching (firstname.lastname@example.org)