GPIUS seeks a full-time Educational Specialist / Teacher with experience in curricula design and teaching ESP courses. In this role, you will apply your skill and knowledge of best teaching practices, such as PBL, flip-learning, student-centered learning, and digital learning platforms.
GPIUS aspires to provide exceptional cutting-edge educational programs to the students we serve and the schools we partner with. We are greatly committed to the design and implementation of meaningful and sustainable learning experiences that equips students to thrive in a global world.
GPIUS seeks an Educational Specialist / Teacher for our Global Competence program with experience in curricula design and teaching ESP courses. In this role, you will apply your skill and knowledge of best teaching practices, such as PBL, flip-learning, student-centered learning, and digital learning platforms. You will work closely with GPIUS Global Education department leadership and other educational specialists to design exceptional programs for our Global Competence program and other programs.
GPIUS Global Competence program is administered at schools throughout Japan. Our Global Competence program is guided by the follow subject domains: Communication skills, Intercultural skills, Multi-lingual skills, Emotional Intelligence, Thinking Strategies, and Global Action. Our program is taught in English to Japanese junior high and/or high school students at both public and private schools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design lesson plans that adhere to GPIUS brand standards.
• Teach 16hrs a week or less.
• Provide instruction at school or various schools and complete all duties associated with the role of instructor (grading, homework, project and portfolio guidance).
• Identify gaps between student needs and existing resources; work with teams to generate creative and effective resolutions.
• Demonstrate solid interpersonal and communication skills that enable successful internal and external cooperation in a variety of modes including face-to-face meetings, phone calls, phone conferences, virtual meetings, and written communication.
• Work with educational team on current and future projects.
• Demonstrate a commitment to professional development.
• Be adaptable and highly professional in your dealings with students, school staff, and affiliates.
• Master’s degree, or certified teacher’s license, BA/BS degree with 3+ years of experience teaching Japanese students
• 2+ years of curriculum design
• An excellent communicator with great interpersonal and client-facing skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Demonstrate an understanding of the Japanese learner and how to help them maximize their learning experiences through skilled scaffolding and sound lesson plan development.
• Strong interest in and knowledge of blended learning and understand the unique possibilities involved in bringing digital learning opportunities to fruition.
• Ability to manage stress, strong teamwork, passionate, genuine, organized, internally motivated, service orientation, ability to reserve judgment and respond with curiosity and compassion.
• Self-directed, proactive, problem solving skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to connect with students with patience and compassion.
GPIUS provides competitive salary and benefits.
Please submit cover page, CV, 2 professional references, and a brief explanation of your teaching philosophy.
1. Once relevant documents have been submitted, applicants will receive an email confirming reception of application.
2. Successful applicants will be notified within 2 weeks and the first interview arranged.
3. Candidates who pass the first interview will receive information about salary details and conditions of employment.
4. Candidates interesting in proceeding will have a final interview. Candidates who pass this interview will be sent an employment agreement which must be signed and returned to confirm appointment.
Tim Prewett, email: email@example.com