Faculty of Social Information Studies at Otsuma Women’s University (Chiyoda Campus) is seeking a part-time English instructor.
Position: Part-time one-year contract, renewable upon mutual agreement
Teaching day: Thursday (1st -3rd periods)
Courses: Second-year courses for non-English major students (beginner/high beginner level)
Campus: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Sobu Line or Yurakucho Line, 10 minutes from Ichigaya Station
Hanzomon Line, 5 minutes from Hanzomon Station
Tozai Line, 12 minutes from Kudanshita Station
Start date: April 1st, 2020
Compensation: According to university pay scale
(1) Master’s degree in TESOL or closely related field
(2) Advanced proficiency in English with a working knowledge of Japanese
(3) Two or more academic publications
(4) At least one year of teaching experience at the university level in Japan
Selection process: Short-listed candidates will be contacted and interviewed in mid November.
(1) CV, including visa status and photo (3cm by 4cm)
(2) List of publications
Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.
The application materials should be submitted by email to Prof. Ryuji Harada <email@example.com>.