Chiba University invites applications for non-tenured, full-time English teaching positions starting in April 2020. Teachers will be responsible for undergraduate English speaking and writing classes as well as other duties assigned by management. Practical EFL qualifications required.
1. Position: Lecturer (Full-time)
2. Contract: Three-year contract with the possible extension of two further years.
3. Number of positions: Due to the expansion and revision of the English curriculum from April 2020, a total of 5 positions are available.
4. Job description:
This full-time position at Chiba University Nishi Chiba campus involves the following duties:
• teaching compulsory first-year classes in Writing, Presentation, Interaction and Discussion.
• teaching second year students enrolled on subject specific English courses in their own departments.
• teaching exam preparation courses and ESP courses at the English Support Centre
• conducting sessions with individual students based on their specific needs
• materials development
• possibility of accompanying students on short study abroad trips
• other duties that may arise
5. Appointment start date: April 1, 2020
Please see the following website for details: http://www.chiba-u.ac.jp/general/recruit/recruit_staff/teacher.html
Education Planning Division,
Department of Student Affairs (Gakumu-bu, Kyoiku-kikaku-ka),
1-33 Yayoi-cho, Inage-ku, Chiba 263-8522 JAPAN
Please write “Application materials for full-time English teaching position” on the envelope (in red ink).
If you would like the materials to be returned, please enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope with the application.