Part-time English teaching positions are available at Gakushuin University starting in April 2020. 90-minute English communication classes and 90-minute reading classes for English and non-English major undergraduates, held once per week for 2x15-week semesters.
We are inviting applications from motivated English part-time teachers.
90-minute English communication and English reading classes for undergraduates (for the Faculties of Law, Economics, Letters, and Science), held once per week for 2x15-week semesters (courses are year-long from April to January).
Days and times of classes are negotiable, and pay depends on qualifications and experience. Positions are offered on a yearly basis, and are renewable by mutual agreement.
1. understand our educational policy and be willing to teach with enthusiasm and responsibility
2. have native English-level proficiency with experience living in an English-speaking country OR
have native Japanese-level proficiency and experience of living in an English-speaking country
3. hold a Master’s degree or higher, in TESOL or a related field
4. have at least 2 years of teaching experience at university level in Japan
5. have published academic articles
Interested applicants should send by mail to the address below their complete resume, including educational background, work experience and list of publications, along with a one-page description in English of their approach to teaching.
Applicants should indicate their availability to teach (days and times) in their cover letter. Please write “Part-Time (English) 2020” in red ink on the envelope.
Foreign Language Teaching & Research Centre
Interview for selected candidates will be held starting from mid-September.
(Please note that we are not able to reimburse any travel expenses incurred.)