Doshisha International was established in 1980 and specialises in catering for the needs of returnee students. The English Department school is seeking a candidate interested in the challenge of working with students with both diverse backgrounds and up to native level English language skills.
1. Department: English Department
2. Number of positions: 1 position
3. Requirements: Candidates must satisfy requirements 1-3 and either Condition 1 or Condition 2
(1) Candidates must be understanding and accepting of the Christian principles on which Doshisha is founded.
(2) As Doshisha International specializes in education for returnee students, candidates must have an awareness and understanding of the educational needs of returnees.
(3) Candidates must be willing to take on all responsibilities related to school duties including club activities.
(1) In order to ensure an appropriate career span at the institution, the applicant must be aged 27 or under on April 1st 2020 (born on or after April 2nd 1993).
(2) Candidates must have completed a four-year university degree program, or expect to graduate from such a program by March 2020.
(3) Candidates must possess a MEXT approved teaching license for both
Junior and Senior High School, or expect completion by March 2020.
(4) Candidates should possess English language fluency similar to that of first language speakers (CEFR C1 and above).
(5) Candidates should, if possible, have experience studying overseas.
(6) Candidates should, if possible, have experience teaching in junior high or senior high school.
(1) In order to ensure an appropriate career span at the institution, the applicant must be aged 35 or under on April 1st 2020 (born on or after April 2nd 1985).
(2) Candidates must have completed a four-year university degree program (candidates must have taken an English education course).
(3) A person whose first language is English, or who has the equivalent competence in English.
(4) Japanese language ability equivalent to Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) N2 and over is required in order to perform school duties (e.g. conducting all homeroom duties, orientations, participate in staff meetings, etc.).
(5) Candidates must have taken courses in Japanese language at university level, or have taken and passed a level equivalent to JLPT N2.
(6) Candidates must have undertaken instruction into the teaching of English as a Second or Foreign Language (e.g. CELTA, Master’s Degree of Arts, TESOL, etc.).
(7) Candidates should, if possible, have experience teaching in junior high or senior high school.
4. Starting date: April 1st 2020
5. Salary: Based on the Doshisha School’s pay scale
Cf. Aged 22: \213,800 base salary / Aged 27: \295,600 base salary
***NOTE: English translation is provided as a courtesy for applicants; please refer to the original Japanese on the school website for confirmation
6. Application materials and deadline:
(1) Application Materials:
a. Two Resumes
Resume ① must be written in Japanese on a standard “履歴書” form with a recent photograph attached.
Resume ② must be written in English, with a recent photograph attached
b. Copy of degrees or proof of intended graduation
c. Copy of certificates related to teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language or proof of intended completion as required for Condition 2 (6)
NOTE: For Condition 1 this is not required
d. Copy of teaching license, or proof of intended completion
NOTE: For Condition 2 this is not required
e. Academic transcripts (all academic transcripts from university and above)
f. Copies of any English/Japanese language proficiency test scores
(2) Application Deadline:
All documents must be received by September 7th 2019.
Address for application documents:
Please mark the envelope「英語科教員採用」in red.
Please send your application via 「書留郵便」registered mail.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be destroyed in March.
7. Screening Timetable:
After initial screening, candidates will be sent notification of their standing on September 27th.
Candidates successful at the first stage will be invited to interview at Doshisha International Junior/Senior High School on October 13th or 14th.
8. All inquiries should be directed to:
Doshisha International Junior/Senior High School Office
tel. (0774) 65-8911