KOMAZAWA UNIVERSITY’s Faculty of Global Media Studies invites applications from English language education professionals for a part-time adjunct position (非常勤講師) beginning September 16th, 2019.
• Location: TOKYO
• Institution: KOMAZAWA UNIVERSITY, Faculty of Global Media Studies
• Position: Part-time adjunct (非常勤講師)
• Start date: September 16, 2019
• Qualifications: MA in TESOL or related field and a minimum of three publications
• Duties: To teach second-year compulsory English courses (Written Communication, and/or International Communication (TOEIC)). It has not been determined how many classes will be offered to successful candidates, but the maximum would be an 8-koma schedule on two days a week.
• Teaching schedule: The classes that need to be covered are on Wednesday/Friday as follows:
o Wed/Fri Period 3 (13:00-14:30): Written Communication 3
o Wed/Fri Period 4 (14:40-16:10): Written Communication 3
o Wed/Fri Period 5 (16:20-17:50): International Communication 2
o Wed/Fri Period 6 (18:00-19:30): International Communication 2
Classes are held twice a week so applicants must be available to teach on both days.
• Salary: based on university guidelines and paid 12 months of the year.
o Please send your resume to Professor Tim Ashwell <tashwell[at mark]komazawa-u.ac.jp> as a pdf file.
o Please ensure that your resume includes the names and e-mail addresses of two professional academic referees who we can contact if necessary.
o After reviewing your resume, we will select candidates to come for an interview. Candidates who are offered a teaching position will then have to complete a Komazawa University resume form and will need to come in for the form to be checked and submitted. Individuals who are not currently living in Japan will not be considered for an interview.