Full-time energetic and creative English teacher required to teach all high school levels, develop new materials and curricula, and be involved in all aspects of school life. Position starts April 1st 2020.
We are looking for a qualified, experienced EFL teacher (native-level proficiency) to fill a full-time position. The candidate should be able to work both independently and collaboratively. The position involves preparing for and solo teaching up to 18 class hours per week of both conversation and literature classes, correcting all work set, including essays, making new materials and developing courses, writing and grading tests. The candidate will also have duties in a club, go on school camp and day trips, attend meetings and various other duties. It’s an excellent and rewarding opportunity for a teacher with a high degree of creativity who loves the energy of a school environment.
- Monday - Friday 08:00 - 16:30, plus occasional Saturdays throughout the year for events such as Open School, Culture Festival and Sports Day. Regular school and public holidays.
- Salary according to qualifications and number of years full-time teaching, increasing every year. Full benefits and pension.
- University degree
- English teaching qualification (e.g.CELTA, PGCE)
- Experience teaching in Japanese junior and senior high schools.
- Christian background (Toyo Eiwa was originally a Methodist mission school and Christian worship is part of daily school life. The candidate is expected to give a short monthly chapel talk.)
- Japanese language ability helpful.
- Resume and cover letter
- Interview with current ESL teachers
- Demonstration lesson in front of English faculty
- Interview with principals
- Interview with chancellor
Mr J Garcia, 14-40 Roppongi 5-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-8507