Part-time English teaching position available at the University of Electro-Communications on Friday mornings from April 1, 2019. Teach undergraduate courses in Academic Written English in the Spring and Fall semesters.
(1) Completion of a Master’s degree in TESOL (preferred), or other relevant areas.
(2) Teaching experience at university or college for at least one year.
(3) Publication of at least two refereed academic papers.
(4) Advanced proficiency in English and ability to teach through English.
(5) Working proficiency in Japanese required to deal with administrative requirements of the university.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
In accordance with the part-time teaching rate of the university.
(1) Resume in English, detailing: Personal background information, qualifications, relevant work experience (include University name, department and course titles), presentations, publications (indicate whether they are refereed or not) or other academic research activities.
(2) Electronic copies of two refereed publications.
(3) Names and contact details of three referees.
(4) Indicate availability for Friday mornings.
Decisions will be made on a rolling basis, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview in March 2019. We therefore encourage applicants to submit their applications at the earliest possible opportunity.
Send application materials by email to Suwako Uehara at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject heading, please type “Application” followed by the applicant’s name.