Kindergarten and After-school Instructor in Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Tokyo International School’s location in Kachidoki, Tokyo, operated by Global Academy, is looking for two instructors; one each for their kindergarten and after-school programs. Tokyo International School works to support the educational needs of children of working parents offering both early childhood education and child care services. Classes and activities focus on helping children build on their identities as Japanese citizens to help them have a global perspective. Classes are small with 14 to 16 children maximum and supported by 22 staff and instructors.
As a Kindergarten or After-school Instructor you can expect to:
- Prepare materials and lesson plans according to the school’s own curriculum
- Teach English lessons for students ranging in age from pre-school through elementary
- Evaluate student performance and provide feedback
- Participate in parents’ conferences, if needed
- Participate in informational sessions and sample lessons
- One-year full-time contract from April 2019, renewable by mutual consent
- Salary from 3.6 million yen per year with performance-based bonus and chance of raise between contracts
- Monday through Friday schedule of 8 hours a day (Kindergarten: 08:30 to 17:30 / After-school: 11:00 to 20:00)
- Occasional overtime paid based on actual hours worked
- Transportation costs covered up to 30,000 yen per month
- 5 paid days off a year in addition to most all weekends and national holidays, plus one week in the summer and two weeks during the winter.
- Enrollment in National Health and Pension schemes, Employment Insurance and Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance