We are seeking applications from native English speakers currently residing in Japan. You must be professional in all aspects of behavior, collaborative, flexible, cheerful and energetic. The full-time one-year contract starts from April 1, 2019.
■ POSITION REQUIREMENTS
1) You must be a native-level speaker of English
2) You must hold a valid status of residence/visa that allows you to live and work in Japan and have in your possession a valid Residence Card
3) You must have graduated from a university with at least a bachelor’s degree
4) You must currently reside in Osaka City or the surrounding area or be prepared to relocate at your own expense
It is favorable to your application if you:
1) Have high school teaching experience in Japan
2) Have a teaching qualification (CELTA, TEFL, etc.)
3) Have the experience of studying a second language at school or university (preferably Japanese)
4) Have basic conversational Japanese
■ REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
Based on the Foundation’s remuneration scale (ex.: For a teacher 28 years of age: 264,640 yen/month plus bonuses totaling 3.65 month's salary [based on 2018 fiscal year results]). Commuting costs covered. You will be enrolled in the Private School Mutual Aid (health, pension, welfare benefits, etc.) You will also receive 20 days of annual leave per year.
■ WORKING HOURS
Working hours are dependent on the school calendar. For example, you will generally work between 08:30 and 17:00, Monday through Friday, and 8:30-13:00 on Saturday. One Saturday a month and Sundays, national holidays are holidays; however, from time-to-time the teachers may be directed to work on a Sunday or on national holidays. In this case a substitute day off shall be given thereafter. Details pertaining to work hours, etc. will be provided at the interview.
■ IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
* Before submitting your application, please check the details for accuracy to ensure you have indicated the correct status of residence/visa, phone, email, dates of previous employment, academic qualifications, etc.
* Please send your CV in both English and Japanese formats with a business appropriate ID photo (similar to a passport photo) and a cover letter (in English) with your current address in Japan and contact information to co.jimu@email@example.com by January 15th, 2019.
* Only candidates moving on to the interview stage will be contacted by phone or email.
No inquiries will be accepted by phone.
■ ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
The Osaka Gakugei Educational Foundation operates three schools: a secondary school, a senior high school, and an attached junior high school. All schools are located in southern Osaka and combined employ over 120 teachers, including non-Japanese staff, with over 2,300 students.