Part-time English teaching position available at the University of Electro-Communications on Thursdays from April 1, 2019. Teach a graduate school course in the Graduate School Technical English program in the Spring semester.
Teach a Graduate School Technical English course (on Thursday afternoons) in the spring semester. In addition, part-time teachers are expected to have knowledge in ESP and work cooperatively in a coordinated Graduate School Technical English program.
(1) A completion of a master’s or doctorate degree in TESOL; or a completion of a master’s or doctorate degree in Science combined with English teaching experience at university to science majors.
(2) Teaching experience at university or college (to science majors preferred) for at least one year.
(3) Publication of at least two refereed academic papers.
(4) Advanced proficiency in English and ability to teach through English.
(5) Working proficiency in Japanese required to deal with administrative requirements of the university.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
In accordance with the part-time teaching rate of the university.
(1) Resume in English, detailing: Personal background information, qualifications, relevant work experience (include university name, department and course titles), list of publications (indicate whether they are refereed or not) and other academic research activities.
(2) Electronic copies of two refereed publications.
(3) Names and contact details of three referees.
Decisions will be made on a rolling basis, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview as applications are received.